If your phone appears to be stuck on the booting screen that reads 'go light', the following steps will help resolve the issue.
The quickest solution is a factory reset, though we have seen the issue resolve itself if the phone battery is able to completely drain and then powered back on.
If you do a factory reset, logging back into your Light Account will restore contacts and any tools will be preserved, however, you will lose all conversation history and settings preferences. We apologize for this inconvenience.
To Factory Reset your phone:
- Remove the SIM card from the phone
- Plug in the phone to a charger using the provided micro USB cord
- Hold the POWER button and the VOLUME UP (upper small button on right side of phone) at the same time for 20-30 seconds.
- You will feel a vibration feedback from the phone and then it will begin to reboot.
- A box on your phone that says “erasing” should pop up. *
- Put your SIM card back in your phone.
*IF THIS SAYS ‘no command’, immediately tap Power and Volume UP several times until the Android Recovery menu pops up. You will use the Volume Up and Down buttons to navigate to ‘clear data/factory reset’, then use the power button to enter. Then, you will select ‘reboot system’ after that is finished and again use the power button to enter.
Once the phone is restarted, Log in to you Light Account from the greetings screen. If you skip this step, you can always log in from the settings as well:
Settings > Account & Info > Light Account > Log in
Tools should sync almost immediately, and contacts will sync within a half hour or so. To force a contact sync, go to Settings > Preferences > Phone > Contacts > Sync Contacts.
If this doesn’t resolve the issue, please let us know - firstname.lastname@example.org .