We’re happy you're considering signing up for service with Light! Here is some information to help in the process.
What is Light Service Plan?
What will be the Phone Number?
You can either port your existing number to the Light Service plan to keep your current phone number, or we can provide you with a new phone number when activating the SIM.
Steps to Activate your Light SIM Service Plan
First you'll need to have your Light Phone II as well as a new Light SIM card on hand.
1. Power on your Light Phone and connect your phone to wifi (If it the first time turning on the phone, simply follow the on-screen instructions, if not turn on Wifi under Settings > Bluetooth & Wifi > Wifi).
2. Log into your Light account onboard your Light Phone II by going to: Settings > Account & Info > Create/Login. An account was created at checkout if you purchased through our website, but you can also create a new one at this step.
3. Now go to the Light dashboard website and log in using the same account you did for the phone itself.
4. Click the "Services" tab then select "activate a new SIM"
5. Select the IMEI number (serial number) of your Light Phone, and click “next”
6. Choose either the $30 or $70 monthly plan
7. Enter your service address. If you are activating a new phone number, this address will determine the area code of your phone number. We cannot choose the last 7 digits of a phone number unfortunately. This address cannot be a PO box address.
8. Enter your payment method. There may be a saved payment method already if you ordered the phone from our site. A phone number is required for payment validation only. If you are activating a new phone number, you can enter an old phone number if needed. If your billing address is different from your service address, uncheck the box at the bottom to enter your billing address.
9. Enter your SIM card number. The SIM card number is 20 digits, and begins with 89014. This is important to make sure it correctly entered for activation to work.
10. You will then be asked if you want to port an existing number from another carrier over to Light service and proceed accordingly.
**Please note: If you are porting, you must enter your valid account number and transfer PIN, otherwise the port will fail (more about porting your number here.) Please contact your carrier if you are not sure. If you are porting from Verizon, please see our support page to help you determine the correct port PIN.**
11. Once the activation is complete, you'll receive a confirmation email. Please allow up to an hour for a new phone number activation, and 2-3 hours if you are porting a phone number so it can process. If you don’t receive a confirmation, please let us know at email@example.com.
12. Once you receive confirmation of a new service plan, restart your Light Phone with the SIM card inside to begin using the service.
You can always reach out if you have any questions about this process - firstname.lastname@example.org.