We’re happy you're considering signing up for service with Light! Here is some information to help in the process.
What is Light Service Plan?
What will be the Phone Number?
You can either port your existing number to the Light Service plan to keep your current phone number, or we can provide you with a new phone number when activating the SIM.
Steps to Activate your Light SIM Service Plan
First you'll need to have your Light Phone II as well as a new Light SIM card on hand.
- Login to your Light dashboard account, and press “Services”
- Click “Start Now”
- Enter your Light account email address and press “Continue”
- Click “Connect SIM card”
- Enter the 20 digit ICCID (SIM card) number. This 20 digit number is displayed under the barcode on the card your SIM came attached to, as well as on the SIM card itself.
- Choose the service plan option you prefer
- After reviewing the details of the plan you chose, click “Select Plan”
- Enter your full name
- Enter your service address. If you are activating a new phone number, this address will determine the 3 digit area code of your phone number.
- Enter your preferred payment method for your monthly service payments
- Choose if you want to activate a new phone number, or if you want to port your active phone number from another carrier.
If activating a new phone number:
- Click “New Phone number”
- Review the plan, account and payment details
- Your order will begin processing and may take up to an hour to complete the activation.
- You will receive a confirmation email for the purchase of your plan, and then another confirmation email shortly after with your new phone number.
- After you receive the confirmation, please power your Light Phone on to begin using the Light Service. You will be asked on the phone to confirm your new phone number. Simply enter the phone number from the confirmation email when prompted.
If you are porting an active phone number from another carrier
- Choose “Transfer my existing phone number” NOTE: the existing phone number must be active
- Enter your existing phone number and choose the name of your current carrier, then press “Continue”
- Enter the name of the account holder on your current carrier’s account
- Enter your account number and transfer PIN from your current carrier’s account. Information about account numbers and transfer PINs is available at the bottom of the screen for each carrier.
- After entering the account number and transfer PIN, press “Continue” to complete the port.
- You will receive a confirmation email for the purchase of your plan, and then another confirmation email once the port is complete.
- After you receive the confirmation that the port is complete, please power your Light Phone on with the SIM card inside to begin using the Light Service. After you power the phone on, you will be asked to confirm your phone number.