If you are porting your phone number from AT&T to Light, there are some additional steps to go through. We apologize for this inconvenience.
We use AT&T for our underlying network, and when someone who is on AT&T brings their number to us, it has to be handled manually.
**NOTE - AT&T will NOT transfer a phone number that is:
- Go Phone
- Pay as you go
- On a combined bill
- On a Mobile Share plan with only one other line
- Has installment balances due
If your current AT&T plan meets any of the above conditions, you will first need to contact AT&T customer service to ensure your plan is changed to its own postpaid plan, and that all balances are paid off.
Porting Steps from AT&T
First, you must email AT&T at firstname.lastname@example.org and cc our support email (email@example.com) the message below to request that your account is notated by AT&T, which makes your phone number eligible to be ported to Light:
TOBR Request for Mobile # [insert phone number here]
Please update my account with my release authorization to move my mobile to ATT Solution Provider Helix Wireless [Insert full name]
[Insert Billing Account Number]
[insert phone number]
Please let us know when AT&T replies saying your account has been notated so we can proceed.
Activating Your SIM
Once you have sent the email to AT&T, you can sign up for a Light Service plan by following the steps below:
1. Login to your Light dashboard account, and press “Services”
2. Click “Start Now”
3. Enter your Light account email address and press “Continue”
4. Click “Connect SIM card”
5. Enter the 20 digit ICCID (SIM card) number. This 20 digit number is displayed under the barcode on the card your SIM came attached to, as well as on the SIM card itself.
6. Choose the service plan option you prefer
7. After reviewing the details of the plan you chose, click “Select Plan”
8. Enter your full name
9. Enter your service address.
10. Enter your preferred payment method for your monthly service payments
11. Choose “Transfer my existing phone number” NOTE: the existing phone number must be active with AT&T in order to be ported
12. Enter your existing phone number and choose AT&T as the carrier, then press “Continue”
13. Enter the name of the account holder on your AT&T account
14. Enter your AT&T account number and transfer PIN
15. After entering the account number and transfer PIN, press “Continue”
Finally, after you have signed up and your account has been notated by AT&T, we can work to complete the actual port.
Unfortunately since it is a manual process, it can take 3-5 days on average for your number to actually be transferred and activated on our Light Service. You will be notified once the port is complete. Your AT&T SIM card will remain active in the meantime.