If you are porting your number from AT&T there are some additional steps to go through. We apologize for this inconvenience. Our service partner uses AT&T for their underlying network, and when someone who is on AT&T brings their number to us, it has to be handled manually.
**NOTE - AT&T will NOT transfer a phone number that is:
- Go Phone
- Pay as you go
- On a combined bill
- On a Mobile Share plan with only one other line
- Has installment balances due
If your current AT&T plan meets any of the above conditions, you will first need to contact AT&T customer service to ensure your plan is changed to its own postpaid plan, and that all balances are paid off.
Which SIM Card to Use?:
Since our service partner uses AT&T for their underlying network, you will usually be able to use your existing SIM. However, if your SIM card is a prepaid or for a feature phone, you will need to use the newly provided Light SIM card instead.
1. AT&T requires that you first email them to ask to be switched to the Light service. Once your account meets the conditions from above, you will send the below email to AT&T at email@example.com, and please copy us at firstname.lastname@example.org . The email must be sent from the one that's associated with your AT&T account.
"[YOUR NAME], AOP, releases financial responsibility of number(s): [THE PHONE NUMBER YOU WANT TO PORT] / [BAN] to "Pareteum-LightPhone". AOP accepts any Early Termination Fees.”
AOP = Authorized Order Placer. This must be the name on your AT&T account
BAN = Billing Account Number*
2. Sign up for a Light service plan in your Light dashboard account. For more information on how to sign up for a plan, please visit our activation support page.
Please ensure that all information is correct. If the PIN, phone number, account number, or billing address do not match the one AT&T has on file it will delay the process.
3. Please notify us at email@example.com when AT&T replies saying “your account has been notated.” This means AT&T has made your phone number eligible to be ported to Light. Once you notify us the account is notated, we can submit the actual port request.
4. We will submit the port request, and follow up with you once it is complete. Unfortunately porting from AT&T usually takes 4-6 days, but your AT&T SIM card will remain active in the meantime. There should never be any service interruption, and we will credit you for any overlap in billing if necessary.
Once the port is completed, your phone number will be on the Light service, and not AT&T anymore. We handle all Light service accounts and billing internally, so AT&T will no longer be involved with your account.
We understand this is a complicated process, so if you have any questions for us, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.