Using the Dashboard, you can import your existing contacts from another platform on to your Light Phone II device.
Log in to the Dashboard at http://dashboard.thelightphone.com.
Then navigate through the following pages of the menu:
Phone > Contacts > Import Contacts
Importing from iCloud:
You will need to generate an app-specific password for your Apple ID account. This allows you to sign in to your Apple ID account securely when you use third-party apps, like our dashboard.
1. Sign in to your Apple ID account page
2. In the Security section, click Generate Password below App-Specific Passwords.
3. Follow the steps on your screen to create one for the Light Phone.
4. Return to the dashboard and paste the app-specific (19 character) password when prompted. Your contacts will begin to upload and you will be sent an email confirmation when it is complete.
NOTE - if you are having issues using the "App-Specific Passwords" method, you can also follow these steps to export your contacts from iCloud:
- Sign into iCloud
- Select "Contacts"
- Click the circle button with three dots, then click "Select All Contacts"
- Click the Apple share button > Export vCard
- Once you save the vCard, then go to your Light dashboard account and click Contacts > Import Contacts > Other > upload .vcf > choose the newly exported vCard file.
Importing from Google:
If your contacts are saved to a Google account, please login to https://contacts.google.com/, then click Export > Export as vCard > Export. This will download your contacts to a VCF file, which can then be uploaded to your Light dashboard account.
Importing from Other (VCF file upload):
A VCF file is a standard file format for storing contacts. Regardless of which platform you currently use to store your contacts, it should be pretty straightforward to export your contacts as a single VCF (.vcf) file that you can then import through the Dashboard. You will receive an email confirmation that your contacts synced correctly.
Syncing with Light Phone II:
After uploading your contacts to the Dashboard, your phone will need to sync with the Dashboard for the update to take place on the Light Phone II itself. By default, the Light Phone II syncs with the Dashboard every 4 hours. You can change this duration or trigger a manual immediate sync in the settings:
Open Settings > Preferences > Phone > Contacts > Sync Contacts
NOTE: There is currently no way to import contacts via a SIM card